Wednesday 30 August 2017

Sanctity of an institution called Friendship

I guess one can never know what's right or wrong when it comes to love & friendship.

That's the situation I am currently in. In my case, it has to do with friendship. I let go of ego, tolerated abusive words, accusations, put up with humiliations from others, not just my friend alone. However, it eventually ended in a break up. Why did I tolerate all of the above, you may ask. Reason, I have never come across anyone who connected so well with me. To me, this friend is too precious.

I still can not take the break up of this beautiful & precious friendship easily, despite my friend walking away from the relationship telling me that some other friend was preferred over me. Also, I have lost my dad too very recently & still trying to come to terms with the loss of the most loved person in my World. I longed for my friend for solace at a time of grief, but it's not meant to be. I am still hoping that things will work out between me & my friend. Does this make me a weakling? I don't think so. Am I an idiot for believing in the sanctity of friendship? I hope not.

For centuries the word "friendship" has denoted a relationship between mutually caring & supportive people who would not deny each other’s fundamental rights and freedoms. My understanding of friendship is that we respect one another, value, encourage & celebrate each other's individualities, creativities, while giving each other space & let each other grow. At least, that's what I think & strongly believe. Oh boy! Am I wrong? Honest to God, hope I am not.

My friend's favourite quote is "Death of a friend is better than death of friendship". Hope my friend realises that our friendship should not die.

That's my prayer to dear Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK - City of Bath

Bath was founded in 1 AD, and gained UNESCO World Heritage title. It is a small city, best explored by foot; it is filled with history and c...