Thursday 26 October 2017

Drifting Apart?

At first we were strangers
Until we became closer
We prided ourselves to be soul mates
But time flowing like a river
It became complicated, oh so faster
Until we started drifting further
I have changed so much since I met you
With little expectation that you change too
Why can't I be myself around you?
You want me to contain myself
Don't you realise that's expectation too?
I, now watch my words, at times don't know what to say
All I want is to get away from the stress of my life
I want to act silly and have few laughs sometimes too
For life is too short, my friend..
Friends are to let you act silly
I know you tell me to grow up
I can have deep & meaningful conversations too
Many common interests I share only with you
We can converse endlessly on those topics
But don't you think that can be boring too?
Allow me let my hair down, oh dear friend
Don't be judgemental
Allow me to be silly too
Bring out the kid, teen in you
You'll enjoy being one too
Something is stopping you
I know your restrictions are stopping me
I know we still care for each other
Is our friendship slowly fading in the air?
Oh God! Please don't let it happen
For it will be so unfair
Can "our past" be also called "our future?"
I don't want to surrender the sweet memories yet


The ones we have so dearly shared

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK - City of Bath

Bath was founded in 1 AD, and gained UNESCO World Heritage title. It is a small city, best explored by foot; it is filled with history and c...